The Zoey Blog: An Empty House... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Thursday, February 13, 2014

An Empty House...



I've been sick for three days...three days of nausea and loathing. The house is empty. June took the girls to go visit her brother, home from Chicago for a few days, and you'd think the quiet calm would be nice. It's been upsetting. I've missed my family. I've wandered from empty room to empty room, and realized that nothing quite fills me up and makes me feel better than these girls in my life. Sure, I've slept, but only to wake up wishing I heard giggles and jibberish spoken...to feel June's hand on my shoulder and see that smile I've kind of worshipped for what feels like ever now. I feel better, a little, so it's not the sick talking, it's just the clarity of missing people. It's not just the house that feels empty when they're gone. It's me too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home