The Zoey Blog: I Wish I Had a River So Long... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Tuesday, December 3, 2013

I Wish I Had a River So Long...



It's always been one of my most favorite songs but when Corinne Bailey Rae and Herbie Hancock paired up on Joni Mitchell's classic, "River," it found a whole new place in my pile of swoon music. If there's a soul out there that at one time or another didn't wish they had a river that they could skate away on...well, I'll never listen to another note. There's something so sweet and melancholy about the holidays that escape is sometimes the most accurate sentiment of the season. Oh, sometimes I wish I had a river...

The holidays make my job about a billion times harder...there's more sadness than even the biggest heart can handle sometimes, and I find it leaves me super sentimental...and pathetically nostalgic for simple joys and easy peace. There are things I want or expect out of the holidays and when I can't find those things, or when they elude me I fall flat...It's less that I want them then that I need them, I think. I need them to keep from falling apart with the rest of the coat tuggers that pull on me almost as soon as the calendar flips to December. Oh, I wish I had a river so long...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home