The Zoey Blog: All Day Long I Think of the Mixer Lick...That Sounds Awful FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Tuesday, December 10, 2013

All Day Long I Think of the Mixer Lick...That Sounds Awful

Taste-testers

What's a guy to do when his days go bad from the very beginnings, and his job is to be the light, not the anchor?  He thinks of his daughters licking the batter off of cake mixers and wishes he was anywhere but where he is.  It's an easy piece of escapism.

I should be writing down each day's nonsense...like today's Mother who hasn't bathed in years, or the father who thinks we're buddies and punched me in the arm today and called me "dick stick"...you think I'm joking.  There's the teenage woman beater, and the meth addict wasting away despite all of your best efforts, or the refugee who's PTSD is so bad that half of their family needs to be medicated so that they don't kill themselves.  When your day goes that south, and that frequently, you need cake batter and dripping mixers and beautiful kids licking them. Then you need this.   Then you carry on.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home