The Zoey Blog: Just Say Yes. FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Just Say Yes.

"The willingness to say yes to small and ordinary adventures..." I just read that and swooned a little...wait...can you swoon just a little? Perhaps, but it struck me right in a powerful place and seemed like such a good explanation for my sporadic absence from this blog over the past few months...I've been busy, yes. Busy with work...busy with family...busy getting a company and organization off of there ground...but maybe more difficult to articulate, I've been really busy being myself. I've been investing back in myself in the most everyday, ordinary ways, and it's been something of a renaissance...something like finding money between the couch cushions. I've been trying to leave myself open to "small and ordinary adventures," and it's been a revelation. My reflection in the mirror looks different.  It's been an exercise I opening myself up to the idea that I can be a better Dad...a better husband...a better friend...a better son...and all by catching the occasional glimpse of who I want to be, and what I'm capable of....those are easy things to forget.  In fact, I think most adults do forget them.

I find myself saying the same thing to the kids I work with..."figure out who you are and vs then get really good at it." Sometimes we ignore our own advice. I'm starting with the willingness to say yes to small and ordinary adventures."  What are you starting with?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home