The Zoey Blog: Who Knew... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Monday, October 7, 2013

Who Knew...

Girls stick vs boys stick #janietwohander #jimmytwohander #girlslacrosse

I coach little girls lacrosse now. Ask me what I know about girls lacrosse.  The answer is nothing, but I want to be with my daughter, and I want to feel alive and do something that we all, so typically, wait for other people to do for us.  I'm so done with waiting for other people. So I coach little girls lacrosse, and it's the best part of my week.  Nothing else even comes close.

I learn a lot each week...like how impossible it is to get five year olds to stand in a straight line...or how much better simple is than complex...like how everything should be fun, and how everything is better when you have people to laugh with.  I've learned that good ideas sometimes suck, and bad ideas aren't always all that bad.  I've learned that there is a whole lot of of love out there if you just go looking for it.  Right now there are a dozen or so girls that fill my life with more happiness than they'll ever be able to comprehend, and I don't need to know a damn thing about girls lacrosse to understand the value of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home