The Zoey Blog: It's The Best Thing I've Ever Done... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Thursday, October 10, 2013

It's The Best Thing I've Ever Done...

IMG_8885

They can wipe away an entire week in just an hour...in the first five minutes. Today I went to a wake for a friend, and then came home to this. Today was a whirlwind of work and old friends and laughs and stories, and regrets, and tears...and of another friend who buried his father today, and then snuck over to offer his own condolences afterward...it was a lot to absorb...and then we rushed home to what seemed like the happiest girls alive. I typically spend all day Thursday waiting to see these girls, and today the urge was multiplied by a thousand.

  IMG_8861

It's the most fun you can have without it being illegal.  We play a lot of games that don't seem to have much to do with lacrosse, and we keep things moving.  Five year olds are tough to keep engaged, and I sometimes spend the days before a practice freaking out about what kind of nonsense we can keep busy with, but not today...today we just laughed and ran around in circles, it seemed, and that was fine with me...if you're ever going to need a pick-me-up to get through your day, I highly recommend 3-7 year old lacrosse players.  Works wonders.

IMG_8823

The girls have SO much fun that it's hard not to fall right in rhythm with them.  They can erase a bad day or week in no time, and I'll miss them so much when the snow starts to fall.  It'll certainly be a long, long wait until Spring arrives.  They're just happy to be together...just happy to be playing...we could learn a thing or two.  It's easily one of the best things that I've ever done, and each week reminds me of that in a tsunami of giggles and squeals and begging to stay long after we're done.  Need to get happy?  I'll introduce you to a dozen of my funniest friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home