The Zoey Blog: Regret... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Monday, September 23, 2013

Regret...

Tonight I called her "Slowy" instead of Zoey and I didn't think twice about it...until she came back downstairs in near tears and said, in a confident tone but shaken, that it hurt her feelings...that she didn't like it when I called her "Slowy."  And just like that I broke my daughters heart.

We mostly don't think about what we say...about the words that come out of our mouths.  I'm sure the majority of us never give a second thought to most of the things that topple from our tongues...until you break the little heart of the most important person in your world...then you decide that every word that ever comes out of your mouth for the rest of your life will be measured.

I've been a better Dad than I was tonight.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home