The Zoey Blog: My Secret Shame... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Wednesday, September 11, 2013

My Secret Shame...

I can't stop listening to Justin Timberlake's "Mirrors."  There, I've said it.  There are literally a million things that two daughters have swayed me to carve a bit of affection out for.  I like the color pink more than I did in 1986.  I hear what Taylor Swift is sayin'...Girl Power is very real to me, and I like Justin Bieber's Christmas Special.  I do. Ugh.

Beginning this week I'll be coaching a girls lacrosse team of 4-6 year olds...seriously.

What happens to a man with daughters is an incredible thing.  You soften, sure, but you also open your heart wide to the possibilities and wonders that have probably surrounded you your entire life, but that baseball practice obscured.  There's nothing wrong with dancing in public places, or tutu shopping...nothing.  What little I did know about myself before daughters is dwarfed by the flood of realizations that I've come to with them.

IMG_8125

I like shopping for their clothes.  I like dressing them.  I have a renewed love of horses, and I can get as excited about a good hair day as anyone now.  Purple is an absolutely stellar color, and the buttons on that jean jacket, yeah, those were my idea.  I finally see things from Wendy's point of view, not just Peter's, and Hermione might just be the coolest character in the entire Harry Potter series.  It's astonishing what love can do to a guy.

I almost bought Nancy Drew books the other day.

My God what's happened to me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home