The Zoey Blog: Dad and Daughters FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Thursday, June 6, 2013

Dad and Daughters

Daddy Maggie Canatara June 4, 2013

I have two daughters, and they've got my number.  They don't know it yet, but they've got me on a string, for sure.  I try to be tough on them, Zoey at least, you know, firm.  I try to hold her accountable for things.  I try to soak her in affection and acceptance.  I talk to her.  She doesn't know it yet, or maybe she does, but I'm her biggest fan.  I want more for her than she might ever imagine for herself, but mostly I want her to be kind, and find purpose and happiness.  Until her sister came I thought she was the center of the universe.  Now I know that she's not.  We're just orbiting around one another.

There are three women in this house...three women, and me.  I've never felt so drenched in affection.  I have two daughters who think that I'm the best thing since daylight and hugs.  They look at me to understand things...men...themselves...how a men and women should look together, how they should be...They watch me...us.

I have two daughters and now I finally understand what it means to be a man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home