The Zoey Blog: Pretty Girl... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Sunday, May 12, 2013

Pretty Girl...

IMG_9275

She's a pretty girl.  I try not to tell her too often, but it's hard.  She's a beautiful little girl, who will surely grow into a pretty young woman, and then make the natural transition into a deadly attractive woman. It's not good to fill her head with compliments, to reinforce such shallow sentiments, but there's nothing dismissive about beauty.  It should be acknowledged.  It needs to be discussed, and celebrated, just not worshipped or used.

She's a pretty girl, and she should understand just what that means, and everything that it doesn't.  It has nothing to do with intelligence, or talent, or even perspective, but it will, unfortunately, have a lot to do with opportunity.  I tell her that I think she's beautiful because I think that she is. I certainly can't tell her that she's ugly, because it's just not true.

She's a pretty girl, and I want the first person to tell her that to want nothing in return, to just love her...and I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home