The Zoey Blog: Happy Mother's Day...Version 2.0 FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day...Version 2.0

Mom and daughters - St. Pete's Beach, FL Dec 2012

She lit up at the idea. In that San Clemente, California hotel room when the conversation turned to kids, and flipped to "baby or not?"  It was emphatically baby.  Before then it had always been emphatically just us.  Soon our family of two turned to three, and we wondered how we ever managed before that first little girl came.  How empty our lives must have been.  Then we waited.  We waited to see if that first baby, a girl whose name fell from the rafters, was enough to steal all of our love.  It wasn't, and so then came a second, and in a blink it was a house full of girls, and the only person who peed standing up was happy.  Not just happy because of his beautiful daughters, but because of their beautiful Mom.  She made it all so easy.  She was such a definitively good Mom, something, perhaps, that she learned from her own.  Five years distant from that first good idea in California and I wonder what we waited for?  She's been so perfect at this that it strikes me that I wish I'd been able to watch her do it sooner.  Back then I didn't think I could possibly love her any more than I already did.  I was wrong.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

You're so good at this June that it leaves me bewildered.  It so often leaves me speechless, and I'm never speechless.  As if one day is enough to acknowledge all of the awesome that you are. One day does nothing to tell you how much we love you. That task might just be impossible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home