The Zoey Blog: In The History of Stupid Endeavors... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Sunday, April 21, 2013

In The History of Stupid Endeavors...

Across the timeline of really, really stupid ideas that I've had in my life, the Facebook Elimination Tournament is, perhaps, the most colossally stupid of them all.  It fits all of the criteria required to make something truly stupid...

It's pointless.

It could cause irreparable damage (why do we spell irreparable without an i?).

It was born out of a ridiculous thought process.

It requires effort for no gain.

This year's tournament would be the first to be carried out to completion.  The inaugural tourney, last year, fell far short of it's final goal of leaving just one Facebook friend.  I got bored.  It was too much work.  It wasn't pointless enough.  This year, however...this year has been a cake walk of offended friends, and ridiculous reasoning.  It's been brilliant.

It all starts with random match-ups of Facebook friends, and in the end I'm learning that the computer's random placement of friends in their brackets is tantamount to success.  Get a good draw, and you go far.  Get a bad draw, and you're done.  You could even lose because I mess up and accidentally delete you...sorry Coop. Then, when it's all said and done, I go back and find all of the people I deleted and beg them to take me back.  Some will surely decline.  The tournament is practically perfect, flaws and all.

After two weeks we're down to four...

Tara Paisley vs. Keith Welch...and...Ian Partridge vs. Dusty Wellman

I can't wait for this to be over, to be honest.  Alienating your friends is a lot of work.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home