The Zoey Blog: Brian's 2013 Facebook Elimination Grand Champion - Uncle Ian FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Brian's 2013 Facebook Elimination Grand Champion - Uncle Ian

Who's Your Daddy (Ian at Homecoming 2005)

So it's mostly pointless, and it certainly alienated some people, and of course it was completely self-indulgent and irresponsible, but my God that Facebook Elimination Tournament is fun.

If we weren't Facebook friends then, of course, you had no clue what was happening...hell, even if we were.  I might very well have deleted you before things played out.  In the end it was June's brother, Ian, who won.  In fact, he cruised to the win.  He never really had anyone to slow down his buzz saw through the match-ups, at least, not until the Final Four.

He's my brother-in-law, sure, but before he was that he quickly morphed from little brother to best friend.  He's a brilliant, brilliant young dude, and it makes me smile that his nieces get one more amazing version of what a man is supposed to look like by just watching him...we just won't show them the photo above, and keep some of our favorite stories more quiet than others.

Congratulations Uncle Ian...after two weeks of rude indulgence, and unnecessary relationship abuse, you found yourself my only Facebook friend...for about five minutes.  Nice work.

5 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

So when do we get to be friends again?

April 24, 2013 at 7:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Uhmm, as soon as I can find you on Facebook, and I can't! Maybe you can add me by going to June's profile and grabbing me from her friends list. I know my profile is locked down tight for searches.

April 25, 2013 at 6:34 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Okay, I changed my security so you should be able to find me....and you should soon. You're missing some exciting news I just posted.

PS- it's about a baby!!

April 25, 2013 at 8:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Still can't find you! What are you listed as??

April 26, 2013 at 6:32 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

My cousin Jackie has me on her friend's list

April 26, 2013 at 9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home