The Zoey Blog: The Smile Factory... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Smile Factory...

Maggie and June - Brooklyn, NY 2013

Two of the three girls in my immediate life smile a lot, and the third, not pictured here, well she smiles even more.  You could take lessons from the three of them.  They wake and almost immediately grace the morning with smiles.  Things are going wrong, and there still are the smiles.  Nothing shakes them.  Nothing wipes those wide grins away.  Nothing.  My God they smile a lot.

I have a nephew who has a similarly set in stone smile, and a niece and another nephew who rock these dimples that melt concrete.  I dunno where all the smiles came from but it's humbling.  It reminds you that sometimes all you need is a smile.  It sure helps.  I swear that you can accomplish a ton across the span of your life with just a decent smile.  People want to be around happy people.  People like to be smiled at.

I wake up to smiles every day and it makes my days a lot easier.  Me, I laugh.  I laugh a lot.  I have a big, inexcusable, booming laugh, recognizable, and oft times embarrassing.  I don't have the smile, but I've got the laugh.  I get by.  Wish I had the smile though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home