The Zoey Blog: Observations, Odd Remarks, Annoyances, etc... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Sunday, March 3, 2013

Observations, Odd Remarks, Annoyances, etc...

- I rode the bike for an hour each night for two weeks, and then I didn't touch it for a week.  I think that's called a "funk."

- The cheapest Detroit Tiger ticket used to be $5, and it was the worst seat in the house...now, in just one off-season that same crappy seat has risen to $12...but Mike Illitch will not foil me.  I went to Stub Hub and scored $8 Bleacher seats to five games two rows from the field.  I purchased five games for a grand total of $115.  Take that pizza guy.  I hope your Red Wings miss the playoffs.

- I called the Toronto Maple Leafs Nazim Kadri "Indian" this week...out of ignorance...and absolute hilarity.

- I have a pair of jeans that I haven't washed since Zoey's birthday...and I'm going to try to make it to her next birthday before I wash them again.  That's both gross, and awesome.

- In a whole gymnasium full of Moms helping their kids play there was one woman who was a little overdressed, who had obviously stood in front of a mirror before she'd came, who was perhaps too fashionable in only the kind of way that oversized, heavy rimmed glasses, skinny jeans, and red plaid shirts can make you, and who was unwittingly getting sideways glances from other women, but who I watched be the only one who wasn't looking around at others, who was solely focused on her child, and who was running and laughing and playing without much of a care.  I think that's called confidence.  She also seemed to own no Lululemon, which probably says something about her too.

- I didn't cook once this week...see previous comment re: funk.

- It was pointed out to me this week that I've never seen a single episode of "Dexter" or "Modern Family." I think that probably says something about me.

- I'm much happier when I'm not watching sports, and yet, I continue to watch sports.  That definitely says something about me, I think.

- Disorder is starting to get to me, for the first time in my life. I don't like chaos.

- Rich and old are a bad combo set in contrast with expectations and manners.

- I'm on Royce White's side. I don't care what anyone says.

- Don't ever tell a Canadian farmer that you buy groceries in the United States, because they will get upset with you.

- Every once in awhile you stumble into a moment or a conversation with someone unexpected and you think, "hmm, I think I like that person more than I thought I did," and you're probably right...until the next time you see them.

- I think you miss the people that you only think you know the most.

- I've been asked to stand up and say nice things, and funny things,  etc...at a lot of friends weddings, and from I can gather it rarely means much after that evening.  In fact, 8 times out of 10 I think it might be a curse.  Of all the weddings I've been asked to be a part of I think only two of those people have ever been to my house.

- I think the answer to a better world is education, but don't ask me how we make all those idiots any smarter. I haven't a clue.  That's a big job.

- Sometimes I think I'm too quick to be hard on my daughter, and for very little things, but then she reminds me that something we've done is working.  Of course, I'm also consumed with affection and played like a fiddle on occasion.  There's balance to the equation at least.

- I own all of my anxieties...they're mine, and that has nothing to do with the outside world.

- I can tell that Spring is close when I go on a spending spree of embarrassing proportions.

- I think we've finally reached that stage where Maggie is choosing who she lays her affection on, and that's exciting.  It's not just about boobs anymore. It took me a lot longer to get out of that stage...a lot longer.

- That was a terrible joke and I'm sorry (not really).

- I don't have a problem with hipsters as long as they're nice hipsters, and they have some kind of appropriate world view.  It's fuc*twits that I don't like.

- How good is wine?  Jesus H. Sideways. I could own a vineyard, but I'd be dead.

- I don't remember the last time that I punched someone in the face and that's both good, and sad.  It's good because we're not supposed to punch other people in the face, and it's sad because there are so many people who really need to be punched in the face.

- Speaking of which, there's a person I know who recently did a slimy thing and I hope that person becomes diabetic, and then contracts cancer just when they get the diabetes thing all figured out.  I do.  I can't punch you so...

- I think I want to get really healthy so that I can do more unhealthy things

- I wonder if previous generations were as into justification as more recent ones.  We justify a lot.

- Disappointing me might be worse than disappointing a lot of others 'cause chances are I believed in you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Mike and I had a nice little laugh over fuc*twits. Love.

March 3, 2013 at 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home