The Zoey Blog: I Have Daughters... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I Have Daughters...

Daddy...Daughters

I have daughters...two of them.  Two remarkably foreign creatures that confuse and befuddle me, and were both exactly what I wanted.  I wasn't sure I was capable of the "boy thing" and people tell me that I'm crazy.  That I'd have done more than manage the "boy thing." I'd have slayed it.  Shrug...maybe.  All I know is that from the minute we decided to start a family I knew that I wanted girls.

It's never struck me as an issue, not once until more recently when the obsession level went through the roof with:

- fairies
- the colors pink and purple
- tutus
- princesses
- Barbie
- Pinkalicious

Zoey's still game for some living room hockey, or to pick up her lacrosse stick and give it a go, but all it takes is a well placed set of fairy wings and it's estrogen city. It's what I wanted, and I would never complain, but it's funny how fast those things just bubble to the surface.  Someday she's gonna tell me to take my lacrosse stick and shove it...and one of these days she's surely bringing a real life Ken doll home to meet her Dad, the one that wanted this from the minute him and his wife decided to start a family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home