The Zoey Blog: Yeah...Of Course... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Yeah...Of Course...

Wake up little girl!

She doesn't like to sleep when her sister's awake...when she can her her in the house, no matter how softly, or at what distance...if she can hear her sister awake, she's not interested in dreams. Not usually.

It's realizations like this that help usher me to some kind of understanding that there are two of them...that I have two children...it's not something that I think about much.  I just wake up, live, and do what needs to be done, and ignore many things that need to be done, and then I go to bed, sleep, and wake up to repeat.  I don't think much about the details, but it's true...I have two children.  Wow.

A very good friend of mine, Joe, just said to me today, in a post-African trip conversation...that same trip I was supposed to contribute to...that one of the things that he brought home with him was the responsibility to take his someday-children to Africa...to see that...to experience that, and it struck me, "yeah, of course," and then it whacked me even harder that I have two children and that's something that we haven't gotten around to.  There's Japan, and Africa, and Europe, and S. America, and the South Pacific, and, and, and...There are so many things that I want for these two girls beyond sleeping at the same time that it's nearly paralyzing...only, I don't want to be paralyzed by it all.  I want them to fall asleep with those things in their head...preferably at the same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home