The Zoey Blog: Merry Christmas to Me... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas to Me...

It's 2am on Christmas morning and it's just struck me that I know the best people on the planet... Nadine Harrison, working no harder on Christmas Eve as she does the rest of the year...at a Boys & Girls Club, making the most of every second she spends on this planet. Andrew Cooper, who spends all day, and every day, working with children whose world is shaded just a different color than yours or mine, autistic kids, and helping ease their family's minds. Keith Welch, a nurse who could have been anything...anything at all. The Cowgers, and all of their humble awesomeness. The Cooper Family, each and every one, from Jane and Bob, all the way to Jack and Mace...brilliant and beautiful, all of them. Dustin and Kelly...practically perfect. Mary Ann, and Robin...Tracy, and Joey, and John, Beth and Holly. Serree and The Bergquists and the Feldmans...amazing, really, just amazing. I'm lucky enough to know the kind of people that are and that will make giant dents in this world...who will make changes...who already have. The kind of people whose absence you feel, I mean really feel. In a dream life I win a lottery, start up my own Boys & Girls Club and staff it with this kind of brilliance...with this kind of compassion and experience. In the meantime I just have to hold on to the understanding that I've somehow surrounded myself with the best people on the planet...the kind that you only wish that you knew when things got awful. I don't know what I did to deserve these people, but it must have been something good. Merry Christmas everyone...I love you beyond measure. Far, far beyond it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we are the lucky ones to have such a wonderful person like yourself in our lives. Merry Christmas Brian and family....
Rob

December 25, 2012 at 11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home