The Zoey Blog: Boats to Build... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Friday, December 21, 2012

Boats to Build...

Cardboard Pirate Ship 1

I dunno what typically draws me toward making ridiculous things out of cardboard...sometimes creativity...sometimes stress, I suppose...but tonight was the perfect storm of both.  It's been a horrible week before Christmas. As anyone will attest, if the wheels are going to fall off people's lives at any point during the year, it's not a bad bet to take Christmas.  I've been spread too thin, by ignorant people, and found disappointment and small heartaches around every other corner, it seems, so tonight there were boats to build. Not the usual, slap it together boat, but rather a pirate ship, or the humble beginnings of one, and as I concentrated on cutting out and taping seems etc...much of it receded into the background.  It's gonna be a beautiful boat once the mast is set, and the paper mache laid on painted.  It's going to look awesome, and I'm going to hang it, from string, amidst clouds, in Zoey's room...when it's done.

I need a break from the realities of other peoples lives, and I'd give about a billion dollars if this boat could just float away to someplace warm and remind me that the world is still a beautiful place.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home