The Zoey Blog: Under The Bridge... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Saturday, May 12, 2012

Under The Bridge...

Bridge Zed

When I was a teenager, any sentence beginning, "Under the Bridge..." got me thinking about a Red Hot Chili Peppers record, now I think about fry trucks and playgrounds and giant lake and ocean freighters drifting past.  To be perfectly honest, the Red Hot Chili Peppers still cross my mind every time too, but they're quickly overwhelmed by ice cream, green grass, and watching Zoey marvel up at the giant twin bridges spanning across the St. Clair River to Michigan.  It might be that I'm getting older, or it might be that when I was younger I was mostly ambivalent.  Either way, you can get the smell of french fries out of your nose for hours afterward, and it's never a problem humming Red Hot Chili Peppers songs deep into the night...never.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home