The Zoey Blog: Sports is For Losers... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Friday, April 27, 2012

Sports is For Losers...

I'm just about done with sports conversations...at least, not without doing some serious analysis of who I'm talking to.  I get more sincere, less antagonistic, back and forths with Zoey.  Tonight I got dissed by a guy who most recently won his fourth Collegiate Water Polo Association (CWPA) Women's Varsity Western Division Sports Information Director of the Year award.  It was truly humbling.

So...no more sports conversations with anyone that isn't on a pre-approved list of kind, intelligent, discriminate, and well-informed people.  How will you know if you're on that list?  I guess if we talk about sports.  I'm just much too tired of the pseudo-bullying that accompanies most sports conversations...as if unoriginal opinion and supposed sports information are social capital.  They're not.

I hope Zoey just decides to play chess and the cello.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home