The Zoey Blog: Finders Keepers... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Sunday, April 29, 2012

Finders Keepers...



Oh how I love just stumbling into something awesome...like Sarah Jaffe.  While pulling quadruple duty --  reading Stieg Larsson, watching Into the Blue, talking to June, and flipping 'round looking for some new music to turn me inside out -- I tripped on Sarah Jaffe, and now I'm giving her to you.  She's lovely (I kind of always wanted to type the word "lovely").



I'm a sucker for that familiar ground between folk, roots rock and indie pop...so it was an easy fall-all-over-myself for Sarah.  It's soulful but sad, like restrained water being held behind the dam, and I love it. Et tu?  Do you go looking for new music, or are you more inclined to stick to your Daddy's Skynard?  Sometimes it's nice to sail off looking for the edge of the world.  I'm reminding myself that I could do a lot more of that.  What are you reminding yourself of lately?  I've got that, and the possibility that the Detroit Tigers are cursed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home