The Zoey Blog: Attempting Something Great... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Attempting Something Great...

"I believe if there's any kind of God it wouldn't be in any of us, not you or me but just this little space in between. If there's any kind of magic in this world it must be in the attempt of understanding someone sharing something. I know, it's almost impossible to succeed but who cares really? The answer must be in the attempt. " - Celine, in Before Sunrise

Yesterday I spent nearly two hours talking and listening to a young man with the most sincere and reasonable problems, who is trying to navigate the most unreasonable reactions to those problems. You could feel the energy in the air as we spoke, and could measure the emotional distance that we covered in miles. By the time he left I felt...I dunno...inspired...changed? I'm surrounded by people who don't feel that way, and each time I catch myself trying to articulate that kind of magic to them, I quickly spiral off in search of another conversation like the one that I enjoyed yesterday, and I know that it's time better spent...much better spent.

The fact that I get to have afternoons like that...well, I don't really know what to say. Maybe there is a God? Maybe I've somehow stumbled into the impossible. Maybe I did something really good once, maybe it was just once, but it was good enough to earn me this, every day, hopefully forever. I get to have those conversations every day. I never thought of myself as a lottery winner but I suppose I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home