The Zoey Blog: The Smallest Bit of Wisdom and the Biggest Lesson Learned FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Smallest Bit of Wisdom and the Biggest Lesson Learned

Zed and Sheep
Zed visiting her favorite sheep before moving on to some pretty impressive turkey appreciation.

Today we visited the Animal Farm and Zed was pretty desperate to feed the ponies and their donkey pals some apples. Before we got to them, however, we stopped to visit the sheep, and then some turkeys and ducks and chickens. At one point one of the turkeys approached us and got very close. Off-handedly I said how ugly I thought he was. Zo got pretty offended and looked up to chastise me.

"He's not ugly Daddy," she said emphatically. "I think he's beautiful."

"Beautiful," I retorted.

"Yeah Daddy, he's beautiful. I like his feathers, they're pretty."

"What about his face. His face isn't very pretty," I said.

"It doesn't matter Daddy," she sweetly cooed. "He's still beautiful."

Lesson learned. Thanks Zo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home