The Zoey Blog: There's No Place Like Home...There's No Place Like Home... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Friday, November 18, 2011

There's No Place Like Home...There's No Place Like Home...

Big House

In less than twelve hours I'll find myself embraced by one of my most favorite places on the planet. I'll park my car, find a nice place to brace myself for an afternoon of swoon. It's Michigan-Nebraska tomorrow at noon, and I'm hoping to find myself sunburnt and filled with peace and energy before the blue sky fades to grey...long before there are stars, and a sliver of moon.

Don't ask me what kind of largesse and magic it is that fills me with such comfort and satisfaction each and every time I wander back to Ann Arbor. I couldn't exactly tell you...but I know that it happens, and that I feel it to the very bottom of me, and I don't think I could ever wander too far from that.

Tomorrow I'll re-charge the battery and come back a different guy. Tonight I'll sleep like a kid at Christmas.

If you don't have a place like that in your life...wow, get one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home