The Zoey Blog: Dads and Daughters FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Monday, November 28, 2011

Dads and Daughters

Zed close up

Today I had a pretty amazing girl tearfully, and after a little hesitation, tell me that she wished her Dad was more like me...and that Zoey was a lucky girl, and it was hard to keep the tears away. Girls aren't supposed to wish other men were their Dad's. That's not the way it works, and I'd like to think that Dad's wouldn't be able to bare hearing such a thing, but girls do think it, and Dad's do bare it, and none of it makes any sense to me except to say that it was a nice thing for her to say, and that it meant a lot to me, despite my best efforts to deflect, and also that I think that this girl deserves the best Dad you could find...she does. I like her a lot.

How is a sixteen year old girl jealous of Zed? Maybe you could say that she's a lucky girl, Zed, I mean, but I'd say that I'm infinitely more lucky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home