The Zoey Blog: It Takes Two When it Used to Take One... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Sunday, October 23, 2011

It Takes Two When it Used to Take One...

Sleeping girl

Falling asleep with live bootlegs of Ryan Adams material from the past ten years. "Two" might be one of my favorite pieces of music in the last decade...ever, maybe. .

"It takes two when it used to take only one..." That used to be the case, until we became three. Then things got more complicated and less at the same time. As far as girls go, there are two that move me to pieces these days, when there used to be just one.

Tonight when I put Zo to bed, as we were laying there in the dark talking, she just stopped, rolled over and grabbed my face.

"Daddy, I missed you," she said so gently.

"You missed me," I responded. "When did you miss me?"

"I miss you when you go to work," she quietly said, stroking my face as it lay smushed against the pillow.

"It's not like the summer is it," I asked.

"No," she said, "you have to go to work."

"Yup," I quipped, "I do, but not in the summer. We'll get to go to Camp Zed every summer."

She continued to caress my stubbled cheeks. "Yep," she added, "we're gonna go to Camp Zed every summer, but right now you have to work and I miss you." THen she rolled over and asked me to rub her back. She said what she wanted to say.

Breathtaker.

Honest and heartfelt...and oh-so gently genuine. I miss her too, even when I'm with her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home