The Zoey Blog: I Like Baseball... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I Like Baseball...

Vmart vs Rangers

Despite my best efforts to curb my sporting appetites I just can seem to quit baseball. I can skip entire Sundays. I miss most Laker games. I catch a few Knicks games a year, but that's it. I can't go an Autumn Saturday without Michigan football, but I don't need to catch every Red WIngs game...but baseball...I gotta get me some baseball. I grew up a Tigers fan, and melted into a Red Sox fan as my little league team demanded. I've tried to embrace both the Angels and Dodgers, and I swear if Theo Epstein ends up at the helm of the Chicago Cubs, I'll be a Cubs fan...but regardless of who I'm cheering for (or trying my best to cheer for) it's baseball that makes me weak in the knees. It's baseball that gets me jonesing in January. It's baseball I can't quite quit.

Tonight the Tigers try to take just one game of the American League Championship Series at Comerica Park, and as much as I was desperate to watch it all unfold, a giant part of me waited for Zoey to ask me to put her to bed tonight and I would have missed it all. She didn't, so I've seen every pitch of this oh-so important Game #3, but if she had, I'd have donated as many innings as was necessary to hang out with her. She doesn't ask for her Daddy to put her to sleep too often anymore, and I thought that tonight she might. Nope.

I like baseball, but it doesn't matter much when a littel girl is growing up right in front of your eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home