The Zoey Blog: The Beginning of Me Week FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Monday, October 31, 2011

The Beginning of Me Week

Headed for California
A whole lot of "me" time...Utah mountains and me, 2002.

Sure today is Halloween...kids in costumes, candy, scary crap all over the place, commercial boon for all things orange and spidery...but it's also the very beginning of "Me Week." That's right, Me Week, in which I take extra care in making sure that I'm happy and healthy. So...I eat good, I go to bed early, I watch less TV, I don't care about the games or the scores, I read more, I exercise, I play, I have fun, and I don't care what anyone thinks. Yup, this is it. Seven days of selfish, which is an entirely different thing from seven days of shellfish. Completely different.

I have the beginnings of a cold, so that might hinder my efforts a little, or it may be just the right time in light of those sniffles. I'm going to get a haircut. Take my time doing everything. Drink lots of water. Doodle and sketch a lot. Sit in the sun (if there's any sun), and listen to music. It's going to be a stellar day. All I need is a friend to meet up with randomly, and for no other reason than because I want to. So...no Facebook, no email at night, no cell phone after work, no sitting in one spot on the couch all night...nope, none of that. Books, music, hanging out with Zed and June...good food, lots of sleep, long hot showers...

I used to soak up a whole lot of me activities, too much maybe...I used to get on buses that travelled across the country...I used to jump on any old airplane going any old place...I used to never miss a sporting event...I used to just sit in bookstores for hours. Now I'm too tired for all that, not physically, but mentally, I'm all too typically drained. So...goodbye to you. Hello Me Week, it's nice that you could stop by. It's been far too long since we last hung out (BTW...I know that hung is not correct but since it's my week, I'll use it if I want to).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home