The Zoey Blog: Hold The Rope... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Sunday, September 11, 2011

Hold The Rope...

Michigan - Notre Dame 2011

I almost missed the kickoff of the first night game in Michigan Football history because I was having a golden conversation with a good friend. We must have talked for hour with seemingly the rest of the universe quiet save for a passing flock of geese flying overhead. I spend a lot of time wishing I got the real guys behind the curtains with most of my male friendships, but I rarely do. I did tonight. I would have missed a dozen kick offs for a conversation that easy and that open. It was encouraging and revealing, and probably overdue. It was a sigh of fresh, bright blue air and sky, and it doesn't happen enough.

Sure, it might have been the best game in Michigan Stadium history, but I got all caught up with someone I miss talking to and in hindsight the game didn't matter much. Really getting a chance to hear a friend tell you what's in their head, and offering some back, or first night game at Michigan Stadium? Easy trade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home