The Zoey Blog: One of my new all-time favorite photos... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Tuesday, August 23, 2011

One of my new all-time favorite photos...

beautiful

If June is around, and there's a camera handy, it's very likely that you're going to end up snapped up and framed into a photo before you even know it...and so that's what happened last night while we were out psuedo-celebrating Zoey's seven day sojourn of no accidents and no diaper ruination. As we munched and struggled to reign in an excitable little girl, the sun slowly slipped down over Michigan and passing freighters and sailboats. We settled into one of our favorite spots, this super sized, wicked-old looking, perfectly placed pavilion overlooking the beach, and often empty, and we soaked up a rapidly disappearing summer.

As Zed and I fiddled with scratching her name onto a cup, Mom was busy snatching up memories. I thought that the light was nice for chilling with my family at the beach. June thought it was nice for photos. Of the two opinions, hers was more accurate. Mine was bang-on too, but hers yielded this awesome shot. It feels like summer ending, and summer camp, and a Dad and his daughter, and a dozen other sigh inducing ideas, and I love it.

1 Comments:

Blogger June said...

This has got to be one of my favourites too! As soon as I saw it, I was in love.

August 23, 2011 at 10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home