The Zoey Blog: It's not an equation... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Sunday, July 31, 2011

It's not an equation...

I woke up to this email from my new Doctor friend (and oddly sounding, colleague) at Duke. It made my barely-began day.

Brian

You claim to find it difficult to explain what you do, and to find any kind of professional validity amongst peers in the work that you do, and yet you still do it. I found this and am passing it along for you to watch. You should no longer have any difficulties explaining things to anyone. THIS is what you do. THIS is why I approached you.

Simon Sinek on Authenticity

Jeff


I replied to Jeff that Simon Sinek's thirty minute diatribe on authenticity and trust was going to be hard to put on a business card, but that I was thrilled to see it, happy to be linked to such a notion, and seeing things differently because if it. I thanked him.

Now...articulate Simon's ideas into a meaningful communication with the world around me and I'll have something. No, wait...I already am, every day. That's the point. Oh, that Jeff's a smart guy.

1 Comments:

Blogger John Teeter said...

Funny thing is… people around you already see this in you (the authenticity, big ideas, good values), and buy in already. But, like most of us, you have more trouble accepting and seeing that in yourself.

The video is great, I am going to share it.

July 31, 2011 at 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home