The Zoey Blog: Sunsets and Summer PJs FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sunsets and Summer PJs

photo

We're gonna miss the sunsets. In approx. three weeks we'll have to walk a block or so to catch sunsets like these. Right now we just cozy up to some kind of evening nonsense and soak one up. Not for much longer. Sigh.

Do you remember going to bed in the summer with the sun still shining? I do. As frustrating as it felt to fall asleep with the house so full of light and laughter, there was something reassuring in the warm, quiet comfort of orange and pink skies just past your curtains, long shadows on the wall, and the sound of Tigers baseball drifting through the purple air. Sometimes I wish I could steal away just a fraction of those memories and make them real. Even now, I like to go to bed before the rest of the house. I like to fall asleep in an empty bed and wake to find June beside me.

I don't think I'd be very eager to accept a daylight bedtime these days, or summer PJs, for that matter, but I'll take the sturdy feeling of being loved, and being safe, with someone still awake and making sure that everything is going to be alright. I'll take that a hundred times over. I'll miss the sunsets here from this house, but I miss those soft summer sighs and the sheets pulled high even more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home