The Zoey Blog FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Tuesday, June 28, 2011

"Develop a point of view. Think about what experiences you have that many others do not. Then, think of what experiences you have that almost everyone else has. Then, mix those two things and try to make someone cry or laugh or feel understood."

I got the job. They said that it was the best interview they'd ever seen, and complimented me on my passion, wildly respected my experience, and were eager for September to arrive. Me too...but not too soon.

I've never sweated something so deeply in all of my life. Never. The only way I managed to set aside the anxiety was to remind myself of the above. It was my mantra. I repeated it over and over again in my head even as I answered their questions.

Strange how I just noticed that I was breathing again.

4 Comments:

Blogger M. said...

HOORAY!!! They made a wise choice.

June 28, 2011 at 5:39 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

YES! Yes yes yes yes yes!! (imagine lots of fist pumping and jumping up and down).


also....I knew it. Just saying. :)

June 28, 2011 at 8:36 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Fantastic! I never doubted that you were the man for your job. ;-)

June 29, 2011 at 3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Brian!!! So happy they chose you!
M.A.

July 4, 2011 at 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home