The Zoey Blog: Changing things, one silly sketch at a time... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Sunday, May 29, 2011

Changing things, one silly sketch at a time...

Zed Header May
The rough, unfinished header that didn't make the cut.

As you may have already gleaned, The Zoey Blog has a bit of a new look. It's because the old one was starting to get, well, old. That, and I get doodling and painting and fiddling and farting (fiddling almost always includes farting, although not in the literal sense) and BLAM, we end up with something that just has to leap from sketchbook to blog...has to. So, every few months it seems we have a new header to look at and think to yourself, "why doesn't that turd just get busy slapping together something more significant than a blog," to which I'd respond, because I get easily distracted.

I've got an idea. If someone forced me to do it...yeah, if someone said, "Hey B-rye, I wanna book for little (insert name) and I would like it very much if you made one just for him/her. Would you do that for us?" I'd very likely respond, "Of course I would, and probably more readily for some, and then BLAM...book. I'd slap it together, get it printed via Apple or Blurb, and you could simply pay for your copy, and perhaps help me pay for mine. Done. At which point you could say any of the following:

1. Wow, little (insert name) has his/her very own book, and it's from Brian. Cool. I love Brian. He's the best.

2. Holy $#!%, that's an expensive book.

3. Feels good knowing that I helped that turd, Brian, get his arse in gear and starting doing something with his life.

4. This book sucks.

5. I wonder if there are M*A*S*H reruns on tonight (I don't know why you'd say that).

That sounds like a decent little plan. I'm going to start a little small run press, run it right offa my couch. Yup, that's what I'm going to do. It'll be called...ahmmm....we'll call it...uhmm...Let's see, how about...no...maybe...

I don't know what to call it.

It doesn't matter. The point is that I'll be forced to do something with this quirky little, seemingly pointless talent/hobby of mine. It's better than watching M*A*S*H reruns.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I've wanted to write a kids books about summer camp forever and have never done anything about it so I guess you could say you are in good company....LOL

June 2, 2011 at 9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home