The Zoey Blog: Once in a lifetime... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Sunday, January 16, 2011

Once in a lifetime...

Tonight, watching the Golden Globes, it dawned on me that most of us will never experience such a moment as those actors do. Most of us will never find acknowledgement by our peers. Most of us will never enjoy the recognition we very likely deserve. Most of us will certainly never find our fifteen minutes of fame. More importantly, most of us will never put enough of ourselves into anything to merit such an honor anyway.

I don't want to live that way.

I don't know what I'll do, I just know that I'll do something. It's not about the recognition. It's about the commitment to something that leaves you naked and judged. That's what I want to stumble into...but I suppose you don't exactly "stumble" into that, not if you're doing it right, do you?

We should all be so lucky to find that moment when a speech is required.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home