The Zoey Blog: Oh Edgar... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Oh Edgar...

I have to admit, I've never read Edgar Allen Poe...sad, and pathetic perhaps, but true. I own several books by the master of macabre, but I've never ventured to read them, not yet. I will, however, make amends after reading this.

For over 60 years someone has been creeping into the cemetery where Poe rests and paying tribute to him on his birthday...and no one knows who the dark figure might be.

Imagine...the goosebumps upon watching this mystery man's arrival at the grave. Alas, it's over now. It's impossible to bare witness to it now that the tradition is seemingly over. Isn't that just like life to throw you a line that isn't attached to anything? I think I'd like to read me some Poe and show up in Baltimore this year. Sounds like a boatload more fun than getting flat soused on a Friday night in Brights Grove, doesn't it? Sure does.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

You must read Poe...especially Murder in the Rue Morgue.

January 19, 2011 at 6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home