The Zoey Blog: If You're Gonna Be Dumb You Gotta Be Tough FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Thursday, October 7, 2010

If You're Gonna Be Dumb You Gotta Be Tough

Karen O. (of Yeah Yeah Yeahs) - "If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough" by Some Kind of Awesome

Karen O, from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs gets an A+ for her awesome rendition of If You're Gonna Be Dumb You Gotta Be Tough, es[ecially when the universe has sent me about thirty-four signs in the last twelve hours, that I am either not as intelligent as I think I al, or that I've got a long day ahead of me filled to the brim with idjits. Either way, it's not good.

I slipped off to sleep early, thinking that I'd better start listening to my body when it tells me something, but then it felt as though I was up and awake at least every hour or so, and then of course, Zo decided to wander into the waking world at about 5:30 am...so now I'm up...wide awake and planning on regretting it later. And oh how I'm going to live fully in that regret...I'm going to milk it for every loathsome inch. Be present, I tell myself. Okay, just don't be near me by about 3pm when I start to get either:

A/ Silly and giddy and borderline moronic.

B/ Grumpy and fully crunchified.

C/ Absolutely and without perspective, apathetic and ambivalent.

It really could be any one of the above. The good part is that I get plenty of examples to sift through each day, and so I get a front row seat to watch how any combination of those three reactions typically turn out. It can be enlightening. So as I venture forth into what will surely be the nonsensical marathon of today I leave with just this one gentle observation...probably my mantra for the day...

I'd rather not...

I'm going to repeat it often, and remind myself of it at every turn...it will, indeed, steer my day around all of the pylons of insanity I'm sure to weave past.

I'd rather not... Write that down.

I officially declare today...Thursday October 7th, 2010...a day of avoidance. Watch me and learn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home