The Zoey Blog: If Life Hands You Lemons...Say #$%& it and Get Another Tattoo FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Thursday, October 14, 2010

If Life Hands You Lemons...Say #$%& it and Get Another Tattoo

Mel and me - Sugar Shack

I was seventeen years old when I got my first tattoo. It's a funny story...some friends...a basement tattoo shop... a grey haired, ex-pat with a thick accent and shaky hands. I chose some flash from his filthy wall...a parrot. Hey, it looked very much like what I thought a tattoo should look like. He inked a reasonable facsimile of the flash onto my left calf...I left.

All these years later I'm still surprised that I didn't contract Hep C.

I had every intention of getting the work covered up, but then my wife said, "Don't," and so I didn't. Instead, I had some fun with it. When life hands you lemons, say #$%& it, and get another tattoo to compliment the first.

Mel Wayland's soft touch

Who exactly is that handing out lemonade in the form of permanent ink? That's the super uber-talented hand of Mel Wayland from Sugar Shack Tattoo in Kincardine. She's great...the tattoo's great...and I'm as happy as a pig in poop.

_MG_9727

Now I've got something to be proud of where once I had just a memory of spontaneity. I've still got that faded, shabby reminder of friendship, but it's super new and improved. I'm happy, and there were no lemons harmed in the process.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that's funny bri! Avery btw....having a great time on vacation!

October 16, 2010 at 12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home