The Zoey Blog: When Noble hands caress noble notions... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Wednesday, September 15, 2010

When Noble hands caress noble notions...

61695_432186730669_549935669_5691249_2140409_n

Today a friend of mine posted a photo from a visit he made to Hartsdale, NY, to the grave of Malcolm X and his wife Betty. I was floored by the notion. What an incredible idea. I'd have never have imagined it, and now I'm proud I have a friend who is so thoughtful as to have conceived such a thing.

Growing up there were a number of books that changed the way that I saw the world, but Alex Haley's Autobiography of Malcolm X flipped me upside down. I was never the same after reading it, and I've my own Malcolm story that borders on the unbelievable. I share it with few people. Someday I will tell Juneau my Malcolm story, in person.

Juneau Robbins is, and always has been, one of the most noble men I know...always carried himself that way, always just was that way. Who better to visit Malcolm? I'm still speechless, and proud to call Juneau my friend. I can't stop shaking my head at this photo. I don't have the words to explain how it moves me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home