The Zoey Blog: The Library...There's Always The Library FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Library...There's Always The Library

Zoey library BG

There are a lot of things that Zoey and I like to do when it's just up to us...we go for short drives, and buy coffee and treats...we color and draw...we go skateboarding...we wander the concourse at Comerica Park...we collect shells on the beach...lots of stuff. Our newest amazing place is the library. Zoey loves it. Dad has always loved it. Now we love it together.

I used to love the library so much that when I was ten years old and lying on the cold ground, still in shock from a terrible car accident, I was asked if I knew where I was and I answered, "the library." That's how much I loved it.

Tonight, after dinner, while we waited for Mom to find her way home, we snuck off to the library. Zoey picked out some books, played with a Fisher Price castle, a giant boat, no less than eight or nine plastic dinosaurs, and charmed the hell out of the librarian.

Zoey library castle
There's a little girl behind those castle walls.

We spent nearly an hour there in that small little library beside the lake, and when we left, Zoey offered everyone a curt goodbye, and then strutted out the door with her books in tow. And our haul on this trip...?

Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What Do You See? - Bill Martin Jr & Eric Carle

Michael - Tony Bradman & Tony Ross

Oh Daddy - Bob Shea

Cornelius P. Mud, Are You Ready For Bed? - Barney Saltzberg

The pre-bed reading is going to be kinda ridiculous tonight.

When we left the library, Zo bopped and bounced all the way to the car, and when we finally settled in and headed for home I heard the weakest little voice from the backseat singing, " going down, down down...I'm gone." Apparently all of the libraries in the world can't exorcise the Justin Bieber from her. Yikes. Sometimes I need reminding that she's every bit a girl. Justin Bieber will do just that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

instead of renting the books u need to rent the toys! AVERY!

September 29, 2010 at 8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home