The Zoey Blog: Berkeley Girl FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Monday, September 13, 2010

Berkeley Girl



If Berkeley Girl by Harper Simon doesn't immediately make you think of Simon and Garfunkel circa 1968, then you might be deaf. Of course, it makes perfect sense if it does because Harper is Paul Simon's son. Yup, that's right, I said Paul Simon's son. A quick listen to the music and you'll smack your forehead for not making the connection.

This dreamy, flu accompanying song has been my solace for two days. I close my eyes and imagine an apartment in Silver Lake, or better yet, Berkeley, and the soft glow of Autumn sunshine cascading through the curtains of an open window. I count my blessings that I'm sick here, and not there, because I couldn't stand missing out on one day of that seemingly whimsical left coast energy. Just staring out the window across the bay at a fog engulfed North Beach is enough to heal even the most heinous of viruses...well, except HIV. I suppose a good view of the Bay Bridge and the Transamerica Building didn't do much to stop the halt of that particular virus but that view does wonders on all lesser viruses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home