The Zoey Blog: 6'6" of Amazing is Making Me Miss Home FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Sunday, August 1, 2010

6'6" of Amazing is Making Me Miss Home

So my next oddly inspired goal is to get in touch with Big Willie Robinson out in LA. Read this cool post over at A Time To Get and was instantly fascinated. I think I'm missing home just a little bit too 'cause the photos of auto inspired nostalgia made me sick for Detroit. I wonder how many people have ever typed that?

What a killer dude Willie sounds like...I mean, really bad ass. That's the kind of guy I want to litter my life with. I wanna know guys like that, and call them friends. So...next little personal challenge...know more about Big Willie and the infamous Brotherhood Of Street Racers car club. It's little things like this that keep me giggling. Is that normal? I guess some guys build stuff...I chase daydreams. I wonder if that'll ever stop? I hope not.

Back in the day, of course, LA and Detroit had a lot more in common than Joe Average cares to know. They were both, in large part, car cities, with enormous racial issues barely below the surface. At that point, even LA was fairly working class, and it's an easy comparison once you get digging around. What saved LA was sunshine.

Big WIllie Robinson and the International Brotherhood of Street Racers...man, that's cool. I can't wait to get diggin' into that stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home