The Zoey Blog: What a night... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Wednesday, June 2, 2010

What a night...



Tonight what might have been my favorite baseball player of all time retired. Knowing that Ken Griffey Jr. is no longer playing professional baseball just bums me out. Then to top it all off Galarraga takes a perfect game all the way to the last out in the Tigers-Indians game, and first base umpire Jim Joyce blows the call with Galarraga covering the bag and a perfect game turns suddenly and sadly into a one hitter.

Sheesh.

Tonight's just not my night. Top it all off with a stuffed up Zoey, and a wrestling match I can hear happening in her room right now between Mom and sleep, and the Zedder and her stern refusal. At least I'm not in there. I swear, June is the most incredible person on the planet. I'd have quit a long time ago. I've learned throughout this entire 16 month odyssey that Moms and Dads are very, very different. I'm not sure if it's the physical connection that Mothers have or if it's just a demeanor that men struggle to embrace, but June can tolerate a wailing child approximately 99.8% longer than I can. It's more than impressive...it's awe inspiring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home