The Zoey Blog: I love this photo... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Monday, June 28, 2010

I love this photo...



June grew up with a pretty stellar backyard. I guess it's kind of pointless to say that Netta and Ian did too, of course they did. Now Zoey gets to soak up all those sunsets and frog sounds. There is a creek in the backyard...a nice one, and there is a feeling that there aren't many other places like this, not exactly like this, across the landscape of our lives. It's a calm and quiet place, crowded with the detritus of Grandad's enterprise and adventures, yet still, the kind of place where you can think, and dream, and hope, and pray in your own unique kind of way, however that might be. There are bee hives, and a dock that juts out into Running Creek that's at least as old as Ian. June's backyard is a Nick Drake song, and it's as nice a place as anywhere to wrap your head around life.

Maybe that's why I love this picture so much? Or maybe it's just because of who's framed inside it's borders...I dunno. It just feels good. Zoey's a pretty lucky little girl to have such magical places to build her foundation from.

6 Comments:

Blogger Aunt Netta said...

My new phone background. The sounds of frogs at night is probably the best sound EVER, no mountain or ocean can ever replace that comfort sound. *sigh* I miss "home" and my family. I AM coming home for Thanksgiving.

June 28, 2010 at 10:32 PM  
Blogger June said...

We miss you bunches too! You're so right... you can't replace those sounds. And you never realize how much you miss it until you're really away from it... or you have a child to explore it with. She already loves that backyard! :) Can't wait to see you again in October! I promise we will make it out your way as soon as we can!

June 28, 2010 at 11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap that is cute Av.

June 30, 2010 at 10:02 PM  
Anonymous Sterling said...

Having grown up on the left side of that there photo, you're making me wistful.

June 30, 2010 at 10:28 PM  
Anonymous Grandad said...

How about editing out "detritus" in " It's a calm and quiet place, crowded with the detritus of Grandad's enterprise and adventures, " and replacing with 'trappings, aggregation, or plunder' even.

July 3, 2010 at 5:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ooooh, "plunder"...I LOVE that...I really love that..."plunder"...indeed! Grandad's plunder! Nice....that's my kind of Grandad.

July 3, 2010 at 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home