The Zoey Blog: Lost and then Found FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Thursday, May 27, 2010

Lost and then Found

I've been frightfully neglectful of this blog for the past several days...busy, busy, busy, and of course, the weather's been amazing, amazing, amazing...and so I kinda got lost in all of that...but now I'm found, and strangely so. It's odd what inspires you to type.

I've always wanted to order something from the J. Peterman catalogue, AND I've always wanetd one of those cool old vintage baseball sweaters from right around the turn of the century...like this...and so I might just have to place an order and nab this beauty. I have a feeling that it would instantly become my favorite thing ever, behind June, Zoey, and hammocks.

In the middle of all that baseball historia I stumbled upon this awesome little adventure for the three of us to tackle this Sunday. The Detroit Athletic Company's blog posts a photo of Ty Cobb's home in Detroit during his earliest playing years with the Tigers. It's about a mile from the old site of Tiger Stadium and since we're going down to the game at Comerica on Sunday anyway...well, I think I'd like to see Ty Cobb's house...and then scoot on over to soak in the fenced in dirt and debris of what was once that grand old lady, Tiger Stadium. Why not? I have a soul. It's not like I'm driving to Dyersville, Iowa to stand in the middle of an outfield carved into the corn (although that sounds kind of cool).

Zedder will be game for the endeavor as she's typically game for whatever. She smiles, does her best to string together an audible sentence, or maybe even rambles on and on with only a smattering of actual words, well I suppose, our kind of words, thrown in the mix, and just smiles alongside whatever we've got planned. I guess she doesn't really have much of a choice but she could make such things a lot less enjoyable. Not Zed, nope...she likes this stuff.

I bet she'd also like to see her Dad in this beauty as well. She's got style like that, a good eye for what's cooler than cool, and I trust her. She's a cool kid.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Aimee said...

We'll have to look for that house too, as well as check out the hallowed grounds of what used to be Tiger Stadium. Will we see you Sunday? We're going too.

May 27, 2010 at 12:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice! The statues spot is going to be ridiculously hot and so if we're not there we're going to be back behind Kaline's Corner probably. See you guys on Sunday. We can fill the air with Freep expletives.

May 27, 2010 at 2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home