The Zoey Blog: The eyes of the world, or at least one little girl... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Thursday, May 20, 2010

The eyes of the world, or at least one little girl...



It takes a lot to live up to the notion of the kind of man that I want to be, even more to be the kind of man I want Zoey and June to love and understand and be proud of. Lately there have been some professional conversations and an attending opportunity, perhaps, if that's what it might appropriately be called, that I may or may not embrace. I'm leaning heavily toward the wait and see, along with act grown up and navigate this with some perspective and maturity...but that doesn't mean that I won't tip my cap and walk away from something that I don't entirely believe in...I will.

See, I don't like surrounding myself with compromised people and values...with salesmen...with yes men and with power broker types. Regardless of career advancement, a timely kind of opportunism, and what many might call logic, I've never put myself in a position where I didn't believe in everything around me. It's made me proud.

I don't particularly feel the need to be included with the fun and games of "the cool kids," so to speak. I know how that story ends and I'd be much more inclined to write my own ending...one that I can be proud of.

So people can ask me for my acquiescence, my consideration, even my commitment, but that's all it is is asking. I've got a little girl and a wife to make proud and that kind of thing usually takes the kind of effort that leaves you feeling proud yourself, not uncomfortable. I might say yes, but then again, I might decide that these opportunities aren't at all what I'm interested in. All I know for sure is that I'm keeping score and right now integrity is throwing a no-hitter, and don't kid yourself, Zoey is watching.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats different because i can't see her face she looks so serious standing still like that
avery

May 22, 2010 at 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home