The Zoey Blog: Do what you have to do... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Do what you have to do...


A mock up of the book for inspiration. Em Cooper... I'll explain later.

"First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do."
- EPICTETUS


I emailed Kelli back in Honolulu today, just to remind her that I hadn't forgotten about our "Heart on My Sleeve" book project. I know that she's been busy, and I know for a fact that I've been dizzy from all the responsibilities and obligations in my life, but I'm committed to getting this project done, and done incredibly well. I'm so committed to managing this enterprise that I've gone and gotten in touch with the people over at the Musink Festival to see about a booth for next year's events, both the Orange County, CA and Dallas, TX festivals. It wouldn't be the book's launch, but it would certainly be an incredible thing to slip in right on the heels of a launch.

Anyway...those thoughts have been crossing my mind, a similar book project at work, and that amazing Epictetus quote up there. I'm constantly telling the young people that I work with that if you want to be a writer than you really just have to write, and if you want to be a musician then you must play music...similarly, if you want to be an artist you need to create. Epictetus' quote reminded me of all that good advice that I so regularly dole out for others but seem to consistently forget to apply to myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home