The Zoey Blog: Dream a Little Dream of Me... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Dream a Little Dream of Me...



I dreamt about Zoey before she even arrived. I dreamt about a little girl who asks her Dad questions about boys, and a little girl who shoots better free throws than her father, and drags him around to swimming pools all over the country. I dreamt about weekend visits to crowded college campuses and photos on the first day of kindergarden. I dreamt about buying Mary Janes and learning how to braid hair and I even dreamt about being worried I would dress her wrong.

It's so strange to look at this little girl and know that I dreamt her before I even met her.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wait until you see that same little girl grit her teeth as she runs down a basketball court with a sore knee but won't utter a complaint. Wait until you see the character that you hope you've instilled come bubbling up the first time a coach tells her she didn't make it, or the kindness she'll show to a sibling when she doesn't know your watching....daughters, wow.

Uncle B

March 3, 2010 at 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home