The Zoey Blog: Dreary Schmeary...I Got Me a Plan FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Thursday, February 18, 2010

Dreary Schmeary...I Got Me a Plan



I am le tired of winter. Sometimes it's beautiful (like above) but most times it's just dreary. Dreary can kill you. Dying of dreary would be an awful death. I don't want to do that. No way.

I've been in the middle of a two day funk with some not cool feeling dizzyness in between. I think I've gone and allowed my blood pressure to plummet with a less than stellar diet of practically nothing lately. I've been busy and then on top of that I've thrown in heaping helpings of heinous coffee...ridiculous, and I know better. I'm blaming it on winter. I need some sunshine.

I think the biggest problem of late has been my own anxiety. I've had a week full of anticipatory mornings and gut feeling endorsing afternoons. I know this particular thing is going to go down...it does. I get a call about something I have to deal with... no escape route. It's been awful. That's easily the worst part of my job, that every day can be an exercise in the unknown. Most days it makes you stronger but every once ina while it drains the confidence and spirit right out of you...makes you lose faith a little. Lucky for me that I can be the stupidest of optimists, or that I can typically embrace the most ubiquitous enthusiasm in the Western Hemisphere, so I rally relatively quickly, and I get over things. Two day funks are rare.

So today, in order to better serve my body, mind, and spirit, I am going to take care of myself.

I'm going to eat breakfast, and lunch, and limit my caffeine intake...

I'm going to arrive at the school I'm supposed to be at today exactly when get there, and not a minute sooner...

I'm going to fill my day with music...

I'm going to call home and talk to Zoey...

I'm going to keep a sharp eye for manipulation and close the gates to the Embassy of Brian long before people start climbing the fences to get in...

I'm going to ignore someone important and pay particular attention to someone who no one else is paying any attention to...

I'm going to randomly compliment people...

I'm going to draw some...

I'm going to write some...

I'm going to do something nice for myself...

And lastly, I think I'm going to find a friend somewhere and enjoy them...

Take that dreariness.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could always evacuate you from the embassy roof by helicopter before the embassy is over run .....ala Saigon, sorry Ho Chi Minh City, co-pilot for Brown Sugar. Land in a Buscemi's parking lot.....watch Ian hurl by a dumpster.

Uncle B

February 18, 2010 at 12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home